During the use of the line, a sudden huge amount of energy will be generated due to a short circuit or a lightning strike. Once this energy enters the home or other power lines through the line, it will cause the equipment to burn down and cause loss of life and property. The dc surge protection device can instantly suck the huge energy into the ground terminal by protecting the components so as to protect the safety of your family property.
(1) Different maintenance objects: lightning arresters are used to maintain electrical equipment, while surge protector devices are generally used to maintain secondary signal circuits or power supply circuits for electronic instruments and other terminals. Different insulation degree or withstand voltage degree: the withstand voltage degree of electrical equipment and electronic equipment is not on the same order of magnitude, and the residual voltage of overvoltage maintenance installation should match the withstand voltage degree of the maintenance object.
(2) The installation place is different: the signal arrester is usually installed on the primary system to avoid the direct intrusion of lightning waves and protect the overhead lines and electrical equipment; while the surge protector device is mostly installed on the secondary system. After the arrester avoids the direct intrusion of lightning waves or if it fails to avoid all the lightning waves, the surge protector device is the supplementary measure. Therefore, the arrester is mostly installed at the incoming line, and the surge protector device is mostly installed at the end outgoing line or signal loop.
(3) Different scope of use: arresters have a wide use and a wide range of voltage levels, generally ranging from 0.4kV high voltage to 500kV ultra-high voltage, while surge protector devices generally refer to overvoltage protector devices used below 1kV.
(4) Different current capacity: the arrester has a large absolute current capacity because its secondary function is to avoid lightning overvoltage; and for electronic equipment, its insulation degree is much smaller than that of electrical equipment in the general sense, so a surge protector device is required for the protection against lightning overvoltage and operating overvoltage, but its current capacity is generally not large.
(1) The arrester is mostly installed on the primary system to prevent the direct intrusion of lightning waves, while the surge protector device is mostly installed on the secondary system. After the arrester has eliminated the direct intrusion of the lightning wave, or the arrester has not eliminated all the lightning wave, it is the supplementary measure.
(2) Since the arrester is connected to the electrical primary system, it must have sufficient external insulation performance and the appearance size is relatively large, while the dc power surge protector can be made small in size because it is connected to the low voltage.
(3) Lightning arresters are used to protect equipment, while surge protector devices are mostly used to protect instruments or meters.